4/01/09

"Stamping" out of my Box

You can laugh at me....but it's kinda catchy right?

So anyway, I am really stepping out of my box on this one. My cards are all so similar in one way or another. I have reached a point where I don't distress anything. I remember when I couldn't get enough of my edge distresser. Now I don't use it really. I ink edges but not as much I used to. Everything is symmetrical for the most part. I do love the clean lines!

With that being said, I am out of my box now with this card. I think I like it. Still not totally edgy....which I would love to be! Some people, like Sandy Allen, who TOTALLY inspired me at Round Up, can throw things on a card or an album and it looks fantastic. She told me not think about it and just stick it on there. So, I tried it. (Even though it looks like I stuck things stategically! hehe!)



I do love the key! I got that in Fort Collins,CO at a super cute vintage scrapbooking shop! You can hardly see it but I used TAC's Script Background with Versamark on the orange cardstock. I sanded and I ripped and I distressed away! AND I even frayed the ends of my ribbon! OMG...that one was hard to do! :)



You guys will have to tell me what you think! Leave me some suggestions!

Supplies:

Stamps: TAC's Script Background, Curls and Swirls, Forever Family
Cardstock: DCWV Green and Orange, TAC White Ultrasmooth
Ink: Flannel Kaliedescope, Burnt Umber Palette
Misc: Ribbon, Key, Pop Dots, Bazzill Flower, Nestie for the label

6 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love it. The details are fantastic and I am so inspired! I try to get out of the stamping box, too, sometimes but it can be hard to leave what is comfortable! You did a fabulous job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look on this card, very elegant but vintage..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like the colored hearts!!!

    -Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Way to step our of your 'stamping' box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great!! I can't see myself "stamping out of the box" like this but I might try it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS