7/10/12

Some food for thought...




Hello!  It's day 6 already!  Clear and Simple Stamps have had a fun release already haven't they?  Today's showcase?...


I have a card and a little fun food idea for you.  Here is my card...

IMG_7249_edited-2

I made this card using the new banner dies, Favor Flags.  I stamped the lines using Designer Lines and then added the banners end to end.  I added the USA from Simply Stated 1 and a star from Stars Plus.

So here is a little background on my next project.  I was literally 40 minutes from leaving the house for a 4th of July party.  I had all this fruit and wanted to make something fun.  So I stopped by Facebook and the first thing I see, is my friend Libby and her little fruit and marshmallow kabobs!  I quickly told her that she saved my life and ran to the kitchen.  Libby included little american flags on her's and I knew just how I would recreate that look!  I pulled out the new set, Favor Flag Fillers and the dies.  I used the same USA sentiment and star that I used in the card above.  I added some glue dots and toothpicks and whipped these up...

no watermark flags

I was pretty proud of myself.  Now here is my disclaimer.  Remember I said that I didn't have much time?  Well, don't look at the end of the skewers.....they look a little sticky and I didn't have time to make the picture pretty.  hehe!  Other than that, they were a hit!

IMG_7231_edited-1

A big thanks to Libby for the 4th of July inspiration! 

There is lots more to see of these new Toppers and Favors!  Check out these links...


Hope you are having a great day!  Remember you can see everything that has been released in Collection 4 right HERE!  Thanks for stopping!  

17 comments:

  1. so fun, Laurie! I love your sweet patriotic kebabs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the little flags and the patriotic kebabs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little card and your fruit skewers look yummy...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little card and the fruit skewers idea is adorable! I am going to have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and your flag toppers are so cute Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card idea and LOVE the kabob flags! Could use that for a shower or birthday or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card and these fun flags on the fruit...great fun idea..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card and absolutely loving the kabobs!! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Laurie, glad I could help!! Love how you used the stamps & dies with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Laurie, glad I could help!! Love how you used the stamps & dies with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Laurie, glad I could help!! Love how you used the stamps & dies with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Laurie, glad I could help!! Love how you used the stamps & dies with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the red banner flags on the yummy fresh treats! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!!
    And what a save!
    Fruit and marshmallows!!
    I wouldn't have had them in the house because my kids would have already eaten it all and I would have still have been without anything!! :)
    Fabulous flags...
    so adorable for any little get together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeek! SO SO cute and perfect! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum, those kabobs look so yummy! I love that you added a flag to the marshmellows!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS