1/26/13

hey, girlfriend...

Hey there!  It's time for this week's installment of Retro Sketches!  I got my SSS kit in the mail this week and had to dive right in!  Here is my card for this week....

IMG_9175

Everything you see here is from the SSS kit.  I stamped the flower on the white card stock and then used some Pebbles chalks for the coloring.  I added in 3 strips of paper for the background element.  I added in a wood heart that came in the kit....LOVE.  And the sentiment is 2 combined, from the set included.  

Here is the sketch....


After I completed my card and uploaded it to our gallery, I realized that I missed the element on the bottom right.  Oops.  Creative license right?  :)

I hope you get to play along this week!  Go check out the DT cards and link up your own!  Thanks for stopping in!

21 comments:

  1. Love your card Laurie. That flower and your post on FB made me buy that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chalks...so soft and subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card and I LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trendy gray and blush color combo! Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chalk! I was wondering what you used...that is the perfect shade of gray, I think. I love that cardstock and the texture in it. The images are so sweet, Laurie. Just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty.Love the addition of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe...your card is lovely! :) Yes, I have to agree...LOVE, the wood heart!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soft and lovely Laurie even with out the little element ;) The wooden heart IS cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully done. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very beautiful Laurie! Love your chalk colouring! Fun sentiment too and love the little wooden heart accent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Laurie!!! I love the soft color palette and that sweet little wooden heart element!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love that flower and cool sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't even opened my box yet - but I can tell from your gorgeous card that I am going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I love how you used this kit-- such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Love your use of the Glitz papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so behind with my commenting, but this is cute as can be! LOVE the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, cute, cute! I love the coloring on the flower! I thought it was water colored until I read what you wrote about the chalk! So pretty...and there is that gray cardstock again that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I'm in love with this color palette at the moment (wearing coral and gray today, in fact!). The little wooden heart is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card! And I love the saying here! Sweet touch with the heart!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS