4/12/14

Introducing Simple Stars...

Hello there!  It's time for our first group post for Papertrey Ink's April Release.  Today's set is one of my favorite of the release.  Ok....maybe I will say that about everything but I do really love these set!  Our challenge was to find some Pinterest inspiration and  make something masculine and feminine using the Simple Stars set and Cover Plate: Stars.  

My first card was inspired by a picture I found of a blanket.  I adore this color combo and had to go with it! 


Seeing these colors, I  made my first card with  my daughter in mind.  It is super simple to make but still so girly and elegant.  

IMG_1558_edited-1

I used the cover plate to emboss the card base.  I used Background Basics: Super Stripes and stamped a row in Sweet Blush.  I added in a sentiment in gray over the top, then popped it up on foam tape for some dimension.  

IMG_1559_edited-1

I found this adorable picture of a little boys nursery in navy and yellow...



and was instantly inspired to make this card...

IMG_1556_edited-1

Can you tell I love Super Stripes?  Yes, I used it again here and covered a piece of white card stock in stripes and then used the Stars cover plate.  I layered it up with some Lemon Tart card stock and stamped the simple sentiment.  

IMG_1580

I know the rest of the team have amazing cards and projects for us to see!  Here is a list of stops to make!




Supply List:

Night Sky

Stamps: Simple Stars, Background Basics Super Stripes
Ink: PTI Sweet Blush, Amuse Slate
Paper: PTI Stamper Select White
Misc: Cover Plate: Stars

Birthday Star

Stamps: Simple Stars, Background Basics Super Stripes
Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening
Paper: PTI Stampers Select White, Lemon Tart
Misc: Cover Plate: Stars

19 comments:

  1. Love your cards, Laurie. So simple, but really pack a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - Simply fantastic, Laurie!! LOVE them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous! While you are showcasing the stars, I am loving the stripes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are the Star of the Show!!! I LOVE them both!
    It is going to be 80 up here in OP, how about you guys? Warm down there, too???
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards, I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second card caught my eye on Nichole's blog. You brought new life to a very traditional color combination. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that star plate is a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet cards! I absolutely adore the little boy's card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards. I like the thought of using the cover plate as a stencil. The white-on-white look is a classical beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Laurie! I love how you played off the colors on your inspiration photos...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are BOTH so great, Laurie, can't say which I love better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards, but the star cover plate use on the striped dp is soo sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards. Love the designs and colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these!! My favorite is the blue striped one! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this star die! What a very useful die for anyone on your list. Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS