4/23/14

Wish upon a birthday star...


Have you seen this new Stars cover plate from PTI?  I sorta love it.  Here is a quick CAS card using the cover plate and the Simple Stars stamp set....(sorry for the dark photo...it was raining the other day)...

IMG_1635

I stamped the sentiment in Enchanted Evening and then popped a single star.  I love how these plates have a spot for a sentiment.  Packs a punch!

I had several questions about this card from the PTI release....

IMG_1598

I die cut a piece of vellum and used it as a stencil.  I used Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuese and Hawaiian Shores to make the rainbow.  These inks blend AMAZING.  The colors are gorgeous!


After inking the stencil up, I took the Phrase Play #3 die and die cut the stars as well as 5 other white panels.  I stacked them up to make a dimensional die cut and then attached them to the card front.  I added in the "birthday girl" in Provincial Gray Fresh Ink to finish it off.

IMG_1599

I can't wait to see your star cover plate creations!  This is definitely a fun one to have in your stash!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!


 Supply List: 

 "Birthday Star"



 




"Hello Birthday Girl"



9 comments:

  1. Love them both, Laurie! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah. I didn't get that one yet. You've pushed me over the edge... :) Love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Especially loving that second card with the stenciled on stars, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The first card looks embossed.... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you took the same plate and no made two completely different cards great idea tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! You are an enabler. I so regret not getting this. You have pushed me over to I.need.it.now! But, I will try to be patient until May. Sob!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Laurie, so perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great pair of cards Laurie! Love the single patterned star on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these. I think I might need to get that die!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS